“If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every fact may be confirmed. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven. “Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”
- Mediation is generally billed at $300 per hour, divided equally among the parties. (See Church Involvement and Discounts below.)
- There is a $100 administration charge (to open the file, advise the parties about the process, and reserve the mediation date) and a two hour minimum fee which is due ten days in advance of the mediation date. The remainder of the fee is due at the close of the mediation.
- Arbitration is generally billed at $300 per arbitrator, per hour, divided equally among the parties. (See Church Involvement and Discounts below.)
- There is a $100 administration charge (to open the file, advise the parties about the process, and reserve the arbitration date) and a three hour minimum fee which is due ten days after signing the arbitration agreement. The remainder of the fee is due at the close of the arbitration hearing.
- (Larger arbitrations (e.g., multi-day hearings) may require larger advance payments.)
- There are normally no additional costs involved, but any unusual costs or expenses are passed through to the Parties without additional markup on the same pro rata basis as the fees.
- For example, while there is no charge when mediating in our offices, an off-site mediation might include meeting room rentals, travel/parking expenses, or copy/scanning/printing charges.
Church Involvement and Discounts.
- One of ControlAltDispute’s primary objectives is to work along side of local churches to assist them in fulfilling their mandate to resolve church and church-member disputes.
- Discounts are available to parties if they are referred by a local pastor or church leadership that has vetted them as to need and ability to pay (evaluated on a case-by-case basis).
- Additionally, if a particular referring church is partnering with ControlAltDispute, that church might be paying for some or all of the fees.
- If you are considering ControlAltDispute for your situation, we urge you to check with your church leadership first. In this respect, always consider Matthew 18:15-20